Monday, March 20, 2023

Road Trip to Missouri Star Quilt Company - Part II

A rainbow of every color you can imagine! The Kona solid fabric line. 
 In my last post, I mentioned that there are 12 themed shops in Quilt Town, USA.  The shop that houses solid fabrics is called Penney's Quilt Shop. The actual building did originally house a J.C. Penney store a very long time ago.  The Missouri Star Quilt Company decided to keep the Penney name as a nod to this historic building.

In the picture above, Kona solid fabrics (hundreds of them!) grace the far wall of the shop.  I wanted to find a solid yellow color to match an English Paper Piecing project I am working on.  There was a vast array of yellow shades to choose from and I was able to find a yellow shade that was a close match to what I needed.  There are other brands of solid fabrics available for sale, as well.

Even though I typically don't make quilts using just solid colors, I saw a gorgeous pink quilt on display in the shop that I fell in love with.  The pattern used to make the quilt is called "Confetti" and it uses 12 solid-colored fat quarters in like colors.   I purchased the pattern and the quilting template needed to make it during my visit. I absolutely couldn't resist.

The Confetti quilt pattern.

 

Another view inside the Penney Quilt Shop.

Another shop we visited was the Florals shop.  This shop houses popular fabric lines by designers such as Kaffe Fassett, Lori Holt and Tone Finnangar of "Tilda" fame.  There are several vintage children's sewing machines on display there. (They were simply adorable!)  

The Florals Shop on Main Street.

Inside the Florals shop at the Tilda display.

Some of the vintage children's sewing machines on display.


Vintage child's sewing machine.


Vintage child's sewing machine.


Vintage child's sewing machine packaging.

Each shop has its own personality and the decor is geared to the complement the theme.  Most shops have comfortable sitting areas for shoppers and/or their weary companions to rest for awhile. 

A cheery yellow chair and bright quilt in the Modern fabrics shop.

The sitting area in the Penney Quilt Shop.

Another sitting area in the Penney Quilt Shop.

There is quaint, old-timey decor in the Seasonal Shop.

Inside the Seasonal Shop.

Inside the Seasonal Shop.

Inside Penney's Quilt Shop.

In the event you are on the fence about visiting the Missouri Star Quilt Shop, go!  It's such a unique experience that can't be found anywhere else.

On the way home, we stopped for dinner at a little barbecue restaurant in Kansas City.

We stopped in Kansas City for dinner on the way home.

By the time I got home, I was pretty tired, but happy.  We packed a lot of fun into our road trip, which lasted a good 18 hours.  It was worth every waking moment of the experience.

I'll be heading to the American Quilter's Society (AQS) Quilt Show in Branson in the coming days.  I'm so excited!  I'll be blogging about the show here soon, so please check back.

Until next time,



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Please feel free to drop me a line!

Barn Star Sampler Quilt Along - Month One - Ribbon and Mosaic Star Blocks

  Shelley Cavanna's Barn Star Sampler Quilt Several months ago, I saw the Barn Star Sampler book by Shelley Cavanna online and I couldn&...